Lyoner Strasse 9
60528 Frankfurt am Main, de
+49 (89) 419599-65
BMC Software Announces Fiscal 2008 Third Quarter Results
- Company Significantly Exceeds Guidance on Revenue and Non-GAAP Earnings per Share
- Total Revenue Up 11 Percent, Exceeding High End of Guidance Range
- Non-GAAP Earnings per Share Up 39 Percent Over Year-Ago Period
- Non-GAAP Operating Margin Reaches 30 Percent
- Solid Growth in Bookings Over Year-Ago Period
BMC Software (NYSE: BMC) today announced that its fiscal 2008 third quarter net earnings on a GAAP basis were $89 million, or $0.45 per diluted share, compared to $64 million and $0.30 per diluted share in the year-ago quarter. The Company’s non-GAAP net earnings for the fiscal third quarter, which exclude special items, were $112 million, or $0.57 per diluted share. The Company previously had provided guidance on non-GAAP net earnings in the range of $0.46-$0.51 per diluted share. "The radical complexity of IT infrastructure and processes is prompting enterprise IT leaders around the world to realize that transforming their service delivery is Job #1," said Bob Beauchamp, the Company’s president and chief executive officer. "BMC’s sharp focus on the needs of these customers, the completeness of our suites and our unparalleled level of integration means that we can offer customers the solutions and services necessary to accomplish this today. Our competitors are not there yet, and it shows in the marketplace. Thanks to the disciplined efforts of BMC employees and business partners, BMC is operating with solid growth rates and outstanding operating margins, both in the new markets we created and in our mature product lines."
Steve Solcher, BMC’s chief financial officer, said: "All of BMC’s financial and operational metrics -- growth in revenues, upward momentum in profitability, and positive cash-flow trends – are evidence of the continued success of our business. It continues to show great operational flexibility and the ability to scale efficiently with the growth of our business; something that we expect will support greater margin expansion."
The third quarter of fiscal 2008 marks the eleventh consecutive quarter in which BMC has met or exceeded its guidance on revenue and non-GAAP earnings per share. Included in the financial tables is a complete reconciliation between non-GAAP and GAAP results.
The Company posted the following key results in the third quarter:
- Total bookings for the quarter were $452 million, up 4 percent compared to the year-ago period. Total bookings measures the value of contracts signed during the quarter, including both the amount recognized as revenue in the statement of operations and the amount that is recorded to deferred revenue on the balance sheet. Total bookings can be calculated by adding total revenue to the net change in the deferred revenue balance for the period.
- Total bookings on a trailing 12-month basis were $1.8 billion, up 14 percent year over year, with a weighted contract length of 2.3 years versus 2.3 years in the year-ago period. - Total revenue for the third quarter was $459 million, an 11 percent increase over the year-ago period. License revenues were $182 million, an increase of 17 percent compared to the fiscal 2007 third quarter.
- Non-GAAP operating expenses were up 3 percent on a year-over-year basis for the quarter, providing BMC with significant operating leverage on strong incremental revenue growth.
- In the fiscal third quarter, GAAP operating income was $107 million versus $74 million in the year-ago period, an increase of 44 percent. Non-GAAP operating income increased by 37 percent, from $102 million to $140 million.
- Non-GAAP operating margin for the quarter was 30 percent compared to 25 percent in the year-ago period.
- Year to date fiscal 2008 cash flow from operations has nearly doubled as of the third quarter, increasing from $196 million to $384 million.
- The Company continues to maintain a strong balance sheet, ending the third quarter with a total of $1.7 billion in deferred revenue.
- BMC deferred $104 million of license revenue, or 49 percent of license bookings, during the quarter. The Company also recognized $74 million of deferred license revenue from the balance sheet. BMC ended the quarter with $542 million in deferred license revenue, increasing 6% sequentially.
- Cash and marketable securities were $1.4 billion at the end of the quarter. During the third fiscal quarter, BMC continued its stock repurchase activities, spending $186 million to repurchase 5.5 million outstanding shares. As of December 31, 2007, the Company had slightly less than $785 million remaining under the existing share repurchase authorization. BMC also continued to allocate capital to acquisitions during the quarter, purchasing Emprisa Networks in October 2007 to strengthen the Company’s Business Service Management and Service Automation strategies.
Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2008 Guidance The Company now expects fiscal 2008 non-GAAP earnings per share to be in the range of $1.90 to $1.94 per share, assuming an effective tax rate of 30 percent and excluding an estimated $0.38 of special items related to expenses for amortization of intangible assets, in-process research and development, share-based compensation and restructuring activity. The Company now expects the annual growth rate for fiscal 2008 revenue to be in the high single digits.
The Company now expects fiscal 2008 cash flow from operations to be between $550 million and $590 million, an increase of $ 20 million. For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008, the Company expects non-GAAP earnings per share in the range of $0.48 to $0.52 per share, assuming an effective tax rate of 31.5 percent and excluding an estimated $0.09 of special items related to expenses for amortization of intangible assets, inprocess research and development, share-based compensation and restructuring activity. The Company expects fourth quarter fiscal 2008 revenue to be in the $450 million to $465 million range.
Conference Call A conference call to discuss third quarter fiscal 2008 results is scheduled for today, February 7, 2008 at 4:00 pm Central Time. Those interested in participating may call (913) 312-0377 and use the pass code BMC. To access a replay of the conference call, that will be available for one week, dial (719) 457-0820 or (888) 203-1112 and use the pass code BMC. A live web cast of the conference call will be available on the company's website at www.bmc.com/investors. A replay of the web cast will be available within 24 hours and archived on the website.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.