BEITEN BURKHARDT expands legal practice by high-profile procurement lawyer
Meyer, one of Germany's most highprofile procurement lawyers. From 1985 through 2006, Meyer was head of the public procurement division/defence industry of the National Association of German Industry (Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie, BDI). Furthermore, between 1993 and 2009 he was managing member of the board of directors of forum vergabe, established substantially at his initiative and a central institution in the field of procurement law which is highly respected also on an international level. Meyer performed a multitude of functions on a national and European level, among them the chairmanship of the working group "Public Procurement" of the European peak organisation BUSINESSEUROPE in Brussels, cooperation in the expert group for procurement of the EU Commission as well as cooperation in the executive boards of Deutscher Vergabe- und Vertragsausschuss (DVA) and of Deutscher Verdingungsausschuss für Leistungen (DVAL) Furthermore, his professional vita includes national and international engagements in the field of defence technology.
Berthold F. Mitrenga, head of the practice group Procurement Law at BEITEN BURKHARDT commented on this as follows: "We are very pleased that with Timm Meyer a renowned colleague joins our legal practice whose hitherto existing work has always been met with high approval also in the public sector". "As an advisor, Rechtsanwalt Meyer shall, in particular, support the office in Dusseldorf and, at the same time, cooperate actively with our teams of lawyers in Berlin and Brussels. Thus, we strengthen our high expertise in these three locations which are so important as to procurement policy", states Managing Partner Frank Obermann.
The practice group "Public law / Procurement Law" of BEITEN BURKHARDT disposes of 20 lawyers in the offices in Munich, Nuremberg, Dusseldorf, Berlin, and Brussels, two of them are equity partners and nine salary partners.
BEITEN BURKHARDT Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- Beiten Burkhardt is an independent international law firm.
- Beiten Burkhardt provides advice on all aspects of commercial law to mediumsized companies, large corporations, banks and various industry groups, as well as to the public sector.
- Along with its offices in Germany, Beiten Burkhardt has a strong international presence in Eastern Europe, China and Brussels. We also cooperate closely with other excellent law firms in key markets.
- Beiten Burkhardt renders legal services worldwide, with around 330 lawyers working in 13 offices: Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt am Main, Hong Kong, Kyiv, Moscow, Munich, Nuremberg, Shanghai, St. Petersburg and Warsaw.
- For further information see www.beitenburkhardt.com