Cognis at In-Cosmetics India 2008 – “green” solutions for a key growth market
At In-Cosmetics India 2008, Cognis Care Chemicals and LS will be presenting a variety of natural-based personal care and home care ingredients that are in line with the Green Chemical Solutions classification system which shows the natural and renewable content of each Care Chemicals' raw material. These products include:
- A high concentrated vegetable based microemulsion which is ideal for cold processable, effective cleansing and care applications particularly for wet wipe concepts.
- A "green" pearlizing wax dispersion for hair and body cleansing formulations based on mild Cognis' APG surfactants that serves the trend towards natural beauty products.
- A range of sugar surfactants for extraordinary mild skin and hair cleansing.
- A preservative-free vegetal hair growth inhibitor: Thanks to its content in gymnemic acid, this mild active ingredient helps slow down hair growth after hair has been removed.
Other high-performance ingredients that will be presented at the show include:
- A multi-talent rheology additive, which improves the thermo stability of emulsions and creates homogeneous film on skin giving a melting texture with velvety mat finish.
- A liquid acrylic emulsion polymer with special rheological behaviour, designed to suspend, thicken and enhance the appearance of surfactant-based cosmetic cleansing preparations.
- A range of sparkling pearly visible beads combining the benefits of the encapsulated actives with an attractive and appealing form, thus providing a special aesthetic and glamorous look to final formulations.
- A range of seven must-have active ingredients for hair care, which offer proven benefits and a marketing appeal that perfectly meet the consumers' demand for a holistic product experience.
- A tailor-made skin whitening active, based on an innovative biological pathway with proven efficacy demonstrated by a clinical test versus market benchmark. It is also perfectly tolerated by the skin, which makes it suitable for daily use.
- A polyfunctional amphoteric surfactant with hydrotrope properties, metal corrosion inhibition attributes and high formulation flexibility for hard surface cleaners and I&I applications.
- A range of sugar surfactants for laundry, hard surface cleaners and manual dishwashing applications with outstanding cleaning performance, mildness to skin and an excellent ecological footprint.
- A thickener for esterquat-based softeners that provides a rich and creamy appearance to softener formulations and enables a simple and reliable manufacturing process.
Innovative concepts at In-Cosmetics India 2008
Cosmetics and personal care products can help women show off their individual features to best effect, and make them feel positive about themselves. The "Ageless Beauty" concept is a carefully assembled selection of Cognis' textures and LS active ingredients that fit the physiological and emotional demands of women of all different ages. Sensory properties of cosmetic products will be another focal point at the Cognis' booth as these play a vital role in influencing the user's mood. "Feel it" is the umbrella name for a range of Cognis' formulation technologies that offer a variety of textures for a holistic sensorial experience and a precise control over product textures.
Cognis' will also present an innovative tool-kit for the effective replacement of nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPE) in household products through high-performing alternatives that are safer and kinder to the environment and the human being.
Talking about innovations
Sophia Kim, Regional Marketing Manager Skin Care Cognis Korea, will be giving a presentation during the Skincare Formulation Conference at 11:30 a.m. on September 17. Entitled "How to effectively formulate a whitening concept," her talk will deal with how the different requirements for a skin whitening and brightening concept can be achieved by modern formulation technology. She will present an example of a system that has high stability even at high temperatures, and which gives a pleasant sensation on the skin. Sophia Kim will also discuss the use of robust emulsion bases in conjunction with a highly electrolyte-compatible emulsifier, in order to achieve product stability for whitening products.
Spectrum - a new shade of communication
A new section at the In-Cosmetics India 2008 called Spectrum will concentrate on the importance of colors for Indian consumers. To illustrate this, Cognis and LS will be showcasing their inspiring IMAG-IN(E) concept, a silent but colorful world which invites people to rediscover how to freely communicate and share their emotions beyond words, but with the help of cosmetics instead.
Young-Yull Kim, VP Sales & Marketing Cognis Care Chemicals Asia-Pacific, comments: "Asia-Pacific is one of the rapidly growing personal care key markets - and this is especially true for the Indian market. At the beginning of this year, Cognis opened a liaison office in India. This means that we are able to understand the Indian market even better and anticipate developments there at an early stage, thus enabling us to give our customers a competitive edge."
The latest concepts and products of Cognis Care Chemicals and Laboratoires Sérobiologiques will be exhibited at booth D150 and booth D140.
About Laboratoires Sérobiologiques
Laboratoires Sérobiologiques is Cognis Care Chemicals' active ingredients business. It specializes in the development, manufacture and marketing of innovative cosmetic concepts and active ingredients.
BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH
Cognis ist ein weltweiter Anbieter von innovativen Produkten der Spezialchemie und von Inhaltsstoffen für Nahrungsmittel mit Fokus auf die Trends Wellness und Sustainability. Das Unternehmen beschäftigt rund 7.600 Mitarbeiter und verfügt über Produktionsstätten und Servicecenter in 30 Ländern. Cognis verfolgt konsequent das Prinzip der Nachhaltigkeit und liefert Rohstoffe und Wirkstoffe auf natürlicher Basis für den Ernährungs- und Gesundheitsmarkt sowie für die Kosmetik-, Wasch- und Reinigungsmittelindustrie. Ein weiterer Schwerpunkt sind Produkte für industrielle Märkte wie Farben und Lacke, Schmierstoffe, Agrar und Bergbau.
Cognis ist im Besitz von Private Equity Funds, die von Permira, GS Capital Partners und SV Life Sciences beraten werden. Im Jahr 2007 erzielte Cognis einen Gesamtumsatz von rund 3,52 Mrd. Euro und ein Adjusted EBITDA (operatives Ergebnis) von 410 Mio. Euro.