+44 (7981) 903-590
ViewRanger And Nokia N95 Create A New Horizon For Outdoor GPS Navigation
Topographic Maps, GPS Navigation and Location-Based Services for the Outdoor Enthusiast
ViewRanger is specifically designed for the off-road user, whether hill-walker, mountain biker, geo-cacher, birdwatcher, or rural tourist. It offers a unique combination of 2D and 3D mapping, GPS navigation, sports performance analysis, content sharing, and buddy tracking.
Running ViewRanger on the Nokia N95 with integrated GPS removes the need for a separate GPS receiver.
The N95’s high-resolution, bright and crisp screen is perfect for displaying the fine detail of 1:50,000 and 1:25,000 topographic maps. The 5 megapixel camera allows the sharpest images to be captured, marked on the map, and shared over-the-air via the ViewRanger Information Exchange. All of England (or Scotland) at 1:50,000 scale can be held on the Nokia N95 via a single microSD memory card.
Whether a frequent outdoor sports participant, or just an occasional visitor to the countryside, ViewRanger and the Nokia N95 deliver capabilities and convenience that cannot be found elsewhere.
This latest version of ViewRanger includes many features that allow outdoor enthusiasts to locate, identify, navigate and connect:
- High quality multi-scale mapping licensed from Ordnance Survey
- Unique 3D Panoramic Viewpoint display that identifies features in the landscape
- GPS trail navigation and tracklog recording, with support to import/export waypoints, tracks and routes to many PC applications including Google Earth
- TripView sports computer to monitor data during a journey and analyse performance
- Buddy Beacon to transmit location to friends and family; see the location on your ViewRanger handset or through the web
- Exchange notes and photos to share experiences of the landscape via ViewRanger’s over-the-air Information Exchange
“Having achieved Symbian Signed status, we are delighted that ViewRanger is one of the first third-party mapping and navigation applications to support the Nokia N95 and its integrated GPS,” said Mike Brocklehurst, CTO, Augmentra Ltd. “ViewRanger and the N95 set a new benchmark for functionality, ease-of-use and convenience in outdoor GPS.”
ViewRanger runs on the Symbian S60 smartphone platform, and transforms a Nokia or other S60 handset into a full-featured trail navigation system. ViewRanger is available to use internationally with no base-maps, and with Ordnance Survey mapping of Great Britain. Further international coverage will be announced shortly.
ViewRanger is available from www.viewranger.com and selected retailers.
For a complete list of supported handsets and ViewRanger resellers please visit ViewRanger at www.viewranger.com
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.