Nordson ASYMTEK Introduces New High Speed, High Accuracy, Precision Dispensing System at Productronica, Stand A2-339
New Spectrum II S2-900 Series leads the pack with three-axis precision fluid dispensing in cutting-edge semiconductor and microelectronics assembly
"Miniaturization trends in semiconductor applications continue to push the limits of fluid dispenser capabilities to accurately dispense into smaller spaces between board components, camera modules, and die. Customers are increasingly more concerned with consistency and straightness of their dispensed lines, not just dot A to dot B system motion, in order to shrink their end applications," explained Garrett Wong, Spectrum Series product manager, Nordson ASYMTEK. "MEMS sealant lines and solder paste applications challenge dispenser capabilities in precision Z-gap control and line path accuracy to achieve their required thin line widths and small dot sizes. The new Spectrum II product family meets the needs of this market by driving mechanical and software improvements to achieve ultimate precision and accuracy in all three axes -- X, Y, and Z -- at speeds up to 30,000 dots per hour with a minimal footprint to maximize productivity per square meter."
The new Spectrum II system introduces features that enable new levels of precise fluid dispensing:
- Precision Z-axis performance, formerly only offered as an option on Nordson ASYMTEK's large area platform, has been integrated into every Spectrum II system to enable consistent <200µm dots and solder paste line dispensing for MEMS and HDD assembly.
- Tilt Jetting capability for precision coating and underfill in hard to reach areas, providing up to 30-degree tilt with most valves. Underfill can get closer to the die edge for tighter keep-out zones.
- Automatically Adjusting Dual Simultaneous Dispensing minimizes downtime and operator intervention by automatically adjusting valve positions for workpiece skew while dual simultaneous valves decrease the cost of units per hour.
- Higher Brightness Vision Lighting creates increased contrast for difficult applications, improving fiducial find accuracy and consistency.
- Higher Accuracy Non-Contact Laser Height Sensors improve detection of surface heights and allow tighter dispense gaps for thinner dispense lines.
Productronica Video Preview http://youtu.be/2YY0EuuSMV0
As an evolution of the popular Spectrum S-920N, the new Spectrum II system maintains all of the benefits of the prior system such as:
- Fids-on-the-fly software for faster fiducial capturing
- Patented Calibrated Process Jetting (CPJ™) for closed-loop dispense repeatability
- Configurability with single or dual lanes, and up to six heat stations
- Flexible number of heating zones and optional Controlled Process Heat (CPH™)
- Backed by a global network of fluid dispensing experts and support.
"As the newest product from Nordson ASYMTEK, the Spectrum II system builds upon one of the world's most popular automated fluid dispensing systems. It adds higher dynamic accuracy with single and dual valve configurations while continuing the tradition of flexible configuration," said Wong.
Demonstrations of the Spectrum II can be seen at Productronica 2013, Munich, Germany, from November 12-15 at Stand A2-339. For more information or to see a demonstration contact Garrett Wong at email@example.com or watch the video of the Spectrum II in action on our website at www.nordsonasymtek.com/highaccuracy.
Asymtek Nordson BV c/o NESG Deutschland
Nordson ASYMTEK, a world leader in precision automated fluid dispensing, conformal coating, and jetting technologies, designs and manufactures dispensing and coating systems, supported by an award-winning global applications and service network. Celebrating over 30 years in business, Nordson ASYMTEK is continually recognized for innovative equipment and excellent service, and is ISO 9001 certified. The company offers advanced dispensing solutions for precision assembly processes, including semiconductor packaging, printed circuit boards, LEDs, flat panel displays, medical and biotechnical devices, and solar and photovoltaic products. To find out more, visit www.NordsonASYMTEK.com, Facebook.com/NordsonASYMTEK or Twitter.com/NordsonASYMTEK.
Nordson Corporation (NASDAQ: NDSN) delivers precision technology solutions that help customers increase speed, productivity and up-time, enable new products and features, and decrease material usage. The company engineers, manufactures and markets differentiated products and systems used for dispensing adhesives, coatings, sealants, biomaterials and other materials, fluid management, testing and inspection, and UV curing and surface plasma treatment, all supported by application expertise and direct global sales and service. Nordson serves a wide variety of consumer non-durable, durable and technology end markets including packaging, nonwovens, electronics, medical, appliances, energy, transportation, building and construction, and general product assembly and finishing. Founded in 1954 and headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, the company has operations and support offices in more than 30 countries. Visit Nordson at www.nordson.com, twitter.com/Nordson_Corp, or Facebook.com/Nordson.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Produktionstechnik":
Digitale Transformation hat in Deutschland noch langen Weg vor sich
Eine PwC Strategy& Studie zeigt: Nur ein Prozent der deutschen Unternehmen sind digital besonders herausragend. Unternehmen in Asien und Amerika hängen Deutschland bei der Implementierung neuer Technologien und digitaler Ökosysteme ab. Immerhin soll der Umsatzanteil digitaler sowie digital erweiterter Produkte in Deutschland laut der Studie von aktuell 16 Prozent auf 22 Prozent im Jahr 2023 steigen.Weiterlesen