1120 Finch Avenue West, Suite 400
65824 Toronto, ca
+44 (1252) 875-203
SNIA Names Asigra Executive Ashar Baig as Chairman of New Cloud Backup & Recovery Special Interest Group
New Group Sets Agenda to Enlighten the Industry Through Collaboration with End Users, Analysts, Cloud BUR Vendors and Channel Providers
The Cloud BUR SIG is a project of SNIA's Cloud Storage Initiative (CSI) that promotes the adoption of cloud storage as a new delivery model providing elastic, ondemand storage billed only for what is used. Baig will lead the group's efforts in educating the market about Cloud BUR benefits through use cases and in defining requirements for standards that are part of SNIA's Cloud Storage Initiative. The new group will create best practices and conduct surveys to enlighten the industry through collaboration with end users, the channel, analysts and Cloud BUR vendors.
"I look forward to representing Asigra in taking on this new challenge and leading SNIA's efforts in expanding the awareness and establishing best practices for implementing Cloud Backup," said Baig. "Recognition of the Cloud Backup industry by SNIA and the active participation of other industry leaders in this project gives new momentum in establishing backup to the cloud as a more effective, affordable and flexible model of protecting critical data with improved IT efficiency."
"It's natural that SNIA would appoint Ashar Baig to head this new group, given the leadership that Asigra has demonstrated in developing the Cloud Backup market," said Val Bercovici, Chairman of the SNIA Cloud Storage Initiative. "The Cloud Backup and Recovery group is a key extension to the SNIA Cloud Storage Initiative and is expected to greatly accelerate the awareness and deployment of this critical cloud storage application."
The Cloud BUR SIG will fulfil its mission by:
- Defining and promoting standards around Cloud BUR
- Promoting the value of Cloud BUR to the industry and adopters
- Promoting industry's implementation of Cloud BUR standards through the sharing of real use cases
- Conducting and promoting interoperability demonstrations and plugfests
- Leveraging SNIA and CSI committees and events to educate endusers
- Advocating customer needs and reflecting user concerns and issues back into the Cloud BUR SIG members
- Promoting Cloud BUR as an application extension of the CSI and the CDMI standard
SNIA's Cloud Backup and Recovery SIG will consist of standing committees on marketing, education, enduser liaison, channel relations, international relations and more. In addition to its educational mission, the group is charged with defining the requirements for standards around Cloud BUR and promoting Cloud BUR as an application extension of the CSI and the SNIA Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI) standard. Along with Asigra, founding members of the SNIA Cloud Backup and Recovery SIG include EMC, NetApp, i365, Iron Mountain, CoreVault, TeraSky, EVS, Terremark Worldwide, HMK and Recovery Networks.
For more information on SNIA's Cloud Storage activities, please visit www.snia.org/cloud or get involved in the conversation at www.twitter.com/SNIACloud or http://groups.google.com/group/cloudstorage.
Tweet This: SNIA Names Asigra Executive Ashar Baig as Chairman of New Cloud Backup & Recovery Special Interest Group Follow Asigra on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/asigra
- Why Cloud Backup/Recovery WILL be Your Data Protection [http://asigra.com/pdf/cloudbackup.pdf]
- Agentless Backup is Not a Myth [http://asigra.com/pdf/architecture.pdf]
- Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) Field Audit Report: Asigra [http://asigra.com/pdf/esgfieldaudit.pdf]
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.