Zwickauer Straße 56
09112 Chemnitz, de
+49 (211) 75658-252
New Release of ASG-becubic(TM) Delivers Industrial Strength for Expansive Application Portfolio Visibility and Control
Global Financial Services Firm Improves Risk Management with ASG's Application Portfolio Management Solution
A leading provider of consumer finance in more than 20 countries around the world uses ASG-becubic to manage the entire breadth and depth of its application portfolio, which spans a wide range of technologies in both mainframe and distributed environments. Using ASG-becubic, the company has gained detailed insight into the risks, patterns, and trends within its application portfolio, which has reduced application failures.
- New features of ASG-becubic 7.3
- An updated metrics package, including a new Maintainability Index metric (which alerts IT managers to applications that have grown large and cumbersome)
- An ODBC driver, which equips business analysts with the expansive SQL query capabilities needed for in-depth application analysis and portfolio management
- ASG-becubic's key differentiators
- Supported technologies: No other application mining and application portfolio management (APM) solution supports more technologies across both mainframe and distributed environments
- Industrial strength and scalability: A financial institution in South America currently uses ASG-becubic to maintain and modernize 300,000 production programs and 120 million lines of code
- Integration: The ASG-becubic repository can be federated with ASG's metaCMDB(TM) or another comprehensive Configuration Management System (CMS) for use in ITIL® implementations and Business Service Management (BSM) initiatives
- ASG's BSP Application Portfolio Analysis (which includes ASG-becubic 7.3)
- A new Level 2 solution in ASG's Path to Optimization program
- Functions as an intermediary step between application discovery and APM
- Provides application portfolio monitoring throughout the application lifecycle via drill-down dashboards
- Clarifies the "where" and "why" of application maintenance and support costs
IT manager, global financial services firm
"With tens of millions of customers and 20,000 employees globally, we can't afford to allow our applications to underperform. ASG-becubic allows us to easily understand and manage the entire breadth and depth of our application portfolios. We're particularly excited about the new release [ASG-becubic 7.3] because it will equip us to increase our number of users, integrate metrics, and incorporate a Web interface."
Phil Murphy. "Strategies to Cut Application Costs and Increase Productivity Using Application Mining Tools: Increase Productivity and Quality While Reducing Exposure to Risk." Cambridge: Forrester Research, 24 April 2009.
"[T]he consensus among customers about productivity improvements is that developers and analysts see gains that range as high as 70% and more for pure analysis activities. However, given the broad range of activities that developers and analysts perform, most customers approximate total productivity gains[from application mining tools] in the 10% to 20% range across all activities ..."
Julie Craig. "Increasing ROI and Reducing the Risks of Your Application Portfolio." Boulder: EMA, Oct. 2008. "ASG-becubic provides comprehensive application visibility from dual points of view, including both IT and the business perspectives."
Stephen Mann. "Technology Audit: ASG-becubic." Butler Group, April 2009.
"Butler Group believes that the true value of ASG-becubic can be exploited when deployed as a part of an overall APM initiative, i.e., in conjunction with ADM and application portfolio analysis tools, with a CMDB as its core underpinning technology."
- White paper: Application Portfolio Optimization by Clarity Consulting
- Related press release: ASG's Path to Optimization Approach Validated By Leading Organizations
- Related Web page: ASG's Applications Management
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.