IFOY AWARD 2020: Application countdown is on(PresseBox) (Ismaning, )
- Who will win the Intralogistics Oscar 2020? The application portal on www.ifoy.org is open until October 30, 2019.
- NEW Special vehicles such as cargobikes and drones can compete for the first time.
- NEW "IFOY meets Business": IFOY opens TEST DAYS for logistics decision-makers.
The entry phase for the IFOY AWARD is approaching home stretch. Intralogistics provider can enter their new vehicles and solutions up to October 30, 2019.
There are a total of 13 categories that cover almost all areas of intralogistics. In addition to forklifts, warehouse technology equipment and special vehicles, automated guided vehicle systems (AGVs), shuttles, robots, software and apps as well as successfully implemented, integrated warehouse concepts are also eligible for an application. In addition, outstanding technical details or components, such as ergonomic innovations, safety solutions or automation components, are also awarded. What's new is that cargobikes and drones can enter for the first time.
IFOY meets Business
The organisation team has also announced another premiere which should be interesting for intralogistics investment projects. At the next IFOY TEST DAYS on 12 and 13 February 2020, B2B visitors from the logistics sector will also be admitted for the first time under the motto “IFOY meets
Business". To date, only jurors and their advisors had the chance to examine the innovations of the finalists at the test event.
In future logistics decision-makers will be able to drive and test the equipment in the newly established IFOY TEST CAMP and find out about the exhibited products and solutions in thematic highlight tours. In addition, they can talk to the developers and testers to get an overview of the innovations.
The International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year (IFOY AWARD) honors the best industrial trucks and intralogistics solutions of the year, selected by the leading international logistics media. It has established itself as an indication of economic efficiency and innovation and is regarded as the most important innovation award in intralogistics due to its specialist expertise.
The decision is based on a three-stage audit. The products and solutions nominated for the finals will be subjected to individually tailored driving or functional tests at the IFOY TEST DAYS from 7 to 13 February at the Hanover Fairground, including the IFOY test protocol, which comprises around 80 criteria, and the scientific IFOY Innovation Check. In addition, jurors and their advisory teams from the industry travel to the fair to assess the finalists themselves before they cast their vote. It is crucial that the nominees are not compared with each other, but with their competitors on the market.
The sponsor of the IFOY AWARD, which is under the patronage of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy, is the VDMA Sector Association for Materials Handling and Intralogistics.
IFOY partner is the Hannover Messe. Pallet partner of the IFOY AWARD is Chep, world market leader in the pooling of pallets and containers. The technology partner is the battery charging specialist Fronius.
Applications can only be submitted via the Internet at www.ifoy.org
The conditions of participation can be requested from the IFOY office (www.ifoy.org).
At a glance: IFOY AWARD categories 2020
1. Counter Balanced Truck up to 3.5 tons
2. Counter Balanced Truck from 3.51 tons
3. Heavy Load Forklift: Container stackers, heavy-duty forklifts over 8 tons
4. Special Vehicle: Forklifts and vehicles for special tasks, special vehicle manufacturing, drones, cargobikes, truck-mounted forklifts
5. Warehouse Truck "highlifter": Materials handling equipment from the 2nd shelving level, such as high-bay trucks, VNA trucks or reach trucks, pedestrian-controlled highlift trucks, order-picking trucks, etc.
6. Warehouse Truck "lowlifter": Materials handling equipment up to 1st shelving level, such as pedestrian-controlled lowlift trucks, lift trucks, tow tractors, tugger trains, order-picking trucks, etc.
7. Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV): Shuttle (systems), driverless transport systems, automated/partially automated materials handling equipment in the context of the application options
8. Intralogistics Robot: Robots or robot-based solutions for intralogistic applications (picking robots, palletizing and depalletizing robots, cobots, robots for automatic unloading and loading of trucks, etc.)
9. Intralogistics Software: Apps and intralogistics system or software solutions in the context of the application options, such as warehouse management systems, truck guidance systems, advanced driver assistance systems, fleet management systems, etc.
10. Integrated Warehouse Solution: A warehouse concept that has been successfully implemented at the customer's location
11. Special of the Year: Components or technical details that significantly improve economics or environment, the physical or psychological conditions of the user, such as ergonomic innovations, safety assistant solutions, automation solutions, drive technology, forklift attachments, etc.
12. Crane and Lifting Appliance: Cranes for various applications, like bridge and gantry cranes, wall travelling cranes, jib cranes, overhead monorail cranes, light cranes, etc. Lifting appliances like chain hoists and rope hoists, winches, magnet lifters, vacuum lifters, lifting platforms and mobile elevating work platforms etc
13. Startup: The prize is awarded to innovative prototypes or functional developments (intralogistics products, software, vehicles or components) of newly founded companies.