AMD Triples the Performance of ATI Embedded Graphics Chips
Single-chip solution offers high definition video playback and blazing fast 3D graphics for arcade, casino and digital signage embedded markets
- The ATI Radeon E4690 GPU is packed with the latest graphics features, including support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 and OpenGL 3.0.
- The second-generation AMD Unified Video Decoder (UVD 2.0) includes hardware acceleration of H.264 and VC-1 high-definition (HD) video as well as MPEG-2, enabling multiple HD video streams and freeing the CPU for other tasks.
- The ATI Radeon E4690 is designed to simplify board design and speed time-to-market by incorporating 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 graphics memory on chip.
- The ATI Radeon E4690 comes with AMD's commitment of 5 years of planned supply availability(4). Technical support is provided a dedicated team of application engineering experts.
"The ATI Radeon E4690 sets a new bar for embedded graphics performance," said Richard Jaenicke, director of embedded graphics at AMD. "Blazingly fast graphics and HD video capabilities enhance the appeal of applications ? such as arcade, casino, digital signage and more. With the industry's only embedded graphics chip that offers DirectX 10.1 and UVD 2.0 support, the ATI Radeon E4690 enables competitive advantages for AMD's embedded customers."
"The ATI Radeon E4690 is the perfect solution for the digital signage market," said Dwight Looi, product manager at iBASE Technology, Inc. "The ATI Radeon E4690 combines phenomenal graphics performance, full hardware HD video decode acceleration and 512MB of very fast GDDR3 memory into a compact 35 mm package, which enables us to offer a high-end digital signage solution in a previously impossible, booked-sized system."
"With the on-chip memory and responsive technical support from AMD, we were able to bring our Condor 200 product, featuring ATI Radeon E4690, to market in just six weeks from the time we received the design documents," said Selwyn Henriques, president of Tech Source, Inc. "Based on the product specifications, TechSource expects the resulting product to significantly outperform existing products in the industry."
Product webpage: http://www.amd.com/radeonE4690
iBASE webpage: http://www.ibase.com.tw/2009/si-28.html
Tech Source webpage: http://www.techsource.com/
(1) Performance is based on the comparison of ATI Radeon E4600 to ATI Radeon E2400 using 3Dmark06 tests run in the similar system configuration: MSI K9A2 Platinum (790FX, SB600), AMD Athlon X2 7850 (2.8 GHz), 2 GB DDR2 800MHz 5-5-5-12, Video Driver: 8.612 RC1 (Catalyst 9.5), Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1 Note graphics components of 3DMark06 are insensitive to system configuration when there is sufficient frame-buffer size.
(2) With Unified Video Decoder 2, ATI Radeon E4690 offloads 100% of the ‘decode’ function for video playback. See notes for ATI Radeon HD 4000 series (http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonhd4600/index.html) and Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2)
(3) Monitor support is dependant upon display output configuration and motherboard design from manufacturer.
(4) Product and support availability subject to change without notice.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Copyright 2009, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Die IT-Ausgaben steigen weiter
Gartner schätzt, dass die weltweiten IT-Ausgaben in diesem Jahr auf 3,683 Billionen Dollar ansteigen werden. Alleine für Kommunikationsservices sollen fast 1,4 Milliarden Dollar ausgegeben werden.Weiterlesen