AMD Platform Technology Codenamed Dragon Raises the Performance Bar
With the World's Highest Frequency Quad-Core Desktop Processor
What: AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced the world's highest clocked quad-core processor for desktop PCs, the AMD Phenom(TM) II X4 965 Black Edition processor. As an integral part of Dragon platform technology, this new processor features a stock frequency of 3.4 GHz, massive headroom, high-speed DDR3 memory support and AMD OverDrive(TM) 3.0 technology* to deliver an enthusiast-class performance that fits into value-based budgets.
Why: Since its initial launch in January 2009, Dragon platform technology has provided great performance at a great price. From the only company with unlocked CPUs and backwards compatibility for DDR2 memory, the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor helps customers pay less for more, period. Available for a Suggested System Builder Price of $245, users opting for Intel may be paying more for less or equal performance.
Benefits: With this platform, AMD is combining its fastest processor ever with the massive graphics processing muscle of its most powerful GPUs to enable the following features:
- Record-setting overclocking capabilities
- AMD OverDrive(TM) 3.0 tuning software
- High-speed DDR3 memory support
- Planned future DirectX® 11 support for the latest games
- AMD Black Edition Memory Profiles for custom experiences
- Cool'n'Quiet(TM) 3.0 technology to enable improved efficiency and help keep your PC running cool and quiet
- Download the entire media presentation here for additional details
- Follow all news from the AMD Desktop team on Twitter at @AMDDesktop
- Read more from AMD bloggers about AMD at Home
- Check out what they have to say about AMD at Play
- Product logo and other images can be found at the AMD Unprocessed Flickr page
* AMD warranty does not cover damage caused by overclocking, even when enabled via AMD OverDrive(TM) software.
** All prices and product information are from newegg.com as of August 5th, 2009.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
©2009 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Phenom, AMD OverDrive, Cool'n'Quiet and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft, Windows, and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.