AMD Introduces Next Generation AMD Athlon(TM) II Processor, Adds Dual Core to Record-Setting AMD Phenom(TM) II Processor Lineup
AMD Athlon(TM) II processor delivers new native dual-core architecture, efficient 45nm technology and 3 GHz performance at an affordable price / AMD Phenom(TM) II X2 Black Edition processor combines value and unlocked potential for gamers and tuners on a
AMD Athlon II X2 Processor Details
- The AMD Athlon II X2 250 performs exceptionally well when combined with AMD chipsets and integrated graphics solutions to create an all-AMD platform. Platforms featuring all-AMD technology can deliver up to twice the graphics performance of those with Intel integrated graphics.¹
- Windows® 7 is optimized for multi-core processors like AMD Athlon(TM) II processors to give consumers an amazingly fast, simple and engaging PC experience.** For example, Windows 7 is tuned to make the most of these new processors' power management features, such as AMD PowerNow!(TM) 3.0 technology. AMD power management technologies, in combination with Windows 7, can help OEMs and partners to build exceptionally green, cool and quiet PCs.
- Based on AMD's acclaimed 45nm process technology, the AMD Athlon II dual-core processor has a TDP of 65W and can slash power consumption by up to 50 percent when doing basic tasks, up to 40 percent when running heavy workloads and up to 50 percent when at idle.²
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Details
- AMD Black Edition processors, like the AMD Phenom(TM) II X2 550, help users to take control and unleash the maximum potential of Dragon platform technology's unprecedented performance tuning capabilities.* The same massive headroom that set world records in recent months is at users' finger tips, offering impressive performance at a price the competition can't beat.³
- Users can also maximize their overclocking experience by utilizing the new features and capabilities of AMD OverDrive(TM) 3.0, designed to enable quick and effective tuning of their PC experience for optimal performance.*
- With dual-, triple- or quad-core processors, AMD provides platform level solutions at multiple price points, each of which exceeds expectations for virtually any user.
Press looking for more information on AMD Athlon II X2 250 and AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition, click here:
Click http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_609,00.html?redir=CPPR01&src=Athlon2X2PR for more detail on AMD processor pricing.
- Compare AMD Phenom II processors: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_15331_15917%5e15921,00.html?src=Athlon2X2PR
- Find out more about Dragon platform technology and see it in action: http://game.amd.com/us-en/landings/dragon.aspx?src=Athlon2X2PR
Check out all of AMD's processors and get more information here: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118,00.html?src=Athlon2X2PR
Follow AMD desktop updates on Twitter: http://twitter.com/
Hear what AMD executives have to say on AMD blogs: http://blogs.amd.com/index.php?src=Athlon2X2PR
- In collaboration with Thermaltake and BMW Group DesignworksUSA, comes an ideal environment for AMD's high-performance CPU and GPU solutions - the Level 10 Limited Edition chassis. Check it out!: http://globalevent.thermaltake.com/computex2009/index.html
Copyright 2009 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, AMD Athlon, AMD Phenom, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
¹Results based on testing at AMD performance labs; results are normalized to the Intel Platform; AMD Platform configuration: Intel configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo 5400 processor; Motherboard: DG45ID; Graphics: G45 Express; Memory: 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-8500C5D; Operating System: Windows Vista® 64 Ultimate; AMD configuration: AMD Athlon(TM) II 250 processor; Motherboard: M4A78T-E; Graphics: ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3300 integrated graphics; Memory: 4GB Corsair TR3XG1600C8D; Operating System: Windows Vista® 64 Ultimate.; Unreal Tournament 3, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and Company of Heroes are measured in Frames Per Second when using built-in demos and levels.; 3DMark Vantage Entry Score. Results are measured in Marks.
² Results based on testing at AMD performance labs; results are normalized to the AMD Athlon(TM) X2 7850; AMD Athlon(TM) - configuration: AMD Athlon(TM) X2 7850 processor; Motherboard: GA-MA790GP; Graphics: ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3330 integrated graphics; Memory: 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-8500C5D; Operating System: Windows Vista® 64 Ultimate. INTEL configuration: Intel processor; Motherboard: DG45ID; Graphics: G45 Express; Memory: 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-8500C5D; Operating System: Windows Vista® 64 Ultimate; AMD Athlon(TM) (TM) II configuration: AMD Processor; Motherboard: M4A78T-E; Graphics: ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3300 integrated graphics; Memory: 4GB Corsair TR3XG1600C8D; Operating System: Windows Vista® 64 Ultimate.; SYSMark O7 Preview Version Patch 4. Results are measured in Marks; MainConcept encoder converts DoubleDutch.mpeg (114MB) to an H.264 format captured data is elapsed time in seconds.; Photoshop Elements applies 5 auto-filters on 48 1600x1066 jpg-files and measures elapsed-time-in-seconds; Windows Movie Maker renders a photo slide show as an AVI from a dataset of 97 1600x1066 JPEG images. Captured data is elapsed time in seconds.
?Based on comparison of 65nm AMD Phenom(TM) X4 9950 125W to 45nm AMD Phenom(TM) II X4 940 125W. System Configuration: AMD internal reference motherboard (Shiner); CHIPSET: RS780 / SB700 Chipset; BIOS: MS9A04- 4; MEMORY: DDR2-800 2X1024MB; O/S: Windows® Vista® SP-1; Other: C1E enabled, L3PwrSavEn enabled.
*AMD warranty does not cover damage caused by overclocking, even when enabled via AMD OverDrive(TM) software.
** Requires a Windows 7-capable system.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Was ist Inferenz?
Mit einer Inferenz wird ein schlussfolgerndes Denken oder ein Prozess beschrieben; aus gegebenen Fakten und Regeln lassen sich Schlüsse ziehen. Geht es um Künstliche Intelligenz (KI) handelt es sich um Anwendungen, die mit Hilfe neuronaler Netze trainiert wurde.Weiterlesen