Agilent Technologies Introduces Handheld Cable and Antenna Tester
Easy-to-Use Agilent N9330A Provides Key Test Functionality Ideal for Cable and Antenna Installation and Maintenance
The Agilent N9330A is a cost-effective, easy-to-use instrument that delivers basic test functionality. It is an ideal choice for installation and maintenance of wireless service (GSM / CDMA / 3G / PHS / wireless LAN), military communications, broadcasting and radio links.
Transmission lines are typically the most common failure point in a communication system. Cables and antennas are exposed to the elements and degrade over time. Poorly tightened connectors or seals may cause intermittent outages or total failure. A cable and antenna tester is the basic tool for periodic maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of these systems. The Agilent N9330A is one of the most efficient tools designed to address the needs of network engineers and technicians for installation and maintenance of communication base stations.
The tester has 25 MHz to 4 GHz frequency coverage and distance-to-fault (DFT) measurement functions. It features long battery life (up to four hours), modern USB connectivity, a multi-language user interface and powerful post-analysis software. It is lightweight yet rugged, an ideal combination for field testing. Its LCD’s transflective display technology makes it more readable in strong sunlight. The Agilent N9330A also delivers fast setup and calibration as well as straightforward test procedures for today’s busy technicians.
“Being the world’s premier measurement company, Agilent is well-known for the accuracy and reliability of its test instruments,” said Huo Feng, general manager of Agilent Chengdu Instruments Division. “Because it is so easy to use, the Agilent N9330A improves our customers’ efficiency and is an ideal field test tool for maintaining antenna networks and cable feed systems. Furthermore, it enables those who install, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot wireless communications systems -- the service providers, network operators and their contractors -- to enhance service quality and customer satisfaction.”
Further Features and Benefits
The Agilent N9330A meets the ease-of-use needs of handheld cable and antenna tester users:
- High test accuracy: Users can choose 131, 261, or 521 test points for the most accurate tests.
- Fast test speed: At full span with 521 test points in CW sweep mode, the N9330A delivers test speeds of 3.0 msec per data point.
- Long life lithium-ion battery: Four hours of battery operating time enables the user to complete more testing in every field visit.
- Modern USB connectivity: Easy transfer of measurement data to a PC through USB memory stick or direct connection.
- Large LCD display: 7.2-inch color LCD with 640 x 480 resolution is easy to read even in sunlight.
- Multi-language user interface: 11 language options make for easy operation anywhere in the world: Chinese (traditional and simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Rugged design: Tough enough to withstand field use, yet light enough to be easily handled.
Additional information about the Agilent N9330A Series is available at www.agilent.com/find/N9330A. High-resolution images are available at www.agilent.com/find/N9330A_images.
Agilent Technologies Deutschland GmbH
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available on the Agilent news site at www.agilent.com/go/news.