Agilent Technologies Announces 1- and 2-kW Advanced Power Solutions for R&D
R&D Engineers Can Access Industry-Leading Power Features Without Writing a Single Line of Code
The N7900 Series power supplies with VersaPower architecture offer industry-leading features and specifications for fast operation, advanced measurements, and integrated features to reduce development time and support costs. These 1- and 2-kW models, expandable to 10 kW, were designed for applications where high-speed dynamic sourcing and measurement is needed.
The Agilent 14585A software enhances the user experience of the APS N7900 Series, giving R&D engineers access to the power supplies' advanced functionality without having to write a single line of code. The engineers can now perform complex tasks, such as waveform creation or long-term data logging, in a matter of minutes, with just a few clicks.
"We are excited to meet the needs of our customers who require high power in R&D," said Kari Fauber, general manager of Agilent's Power and Energy Division. "Now that the 14585A software supports our Advance Power System N7900 Series, R&D engineers working on high-power devices no longer need to spend time being programmers."
The advanced functionality of the 14585A software includes:
- Enhanced control and analysis of data, using familiar PC controls and large display.
- Simultaneous control of up to four APS N7900 Series power supplies.
- Four modes of operation: scope (short-term waveform capture), data logger (long-term waveform capture), CCDF statistical analysis, and ARB (waveform creation).
- Graphical user software-no programming required.
- Accurate capture of current drain measurements from seconds to days directly to a PC.
- Advanced marker measurements (Min, Avg, Max, RMS, Peak-to-Peak, Charge/ Energy).
- Ability to easily create complex waveforms to stimulate or load down a DUT by inputting a formula, choosing from built-in or imported waveform data.
- Data log measurements directly to a PC.
- Export of data to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or text file.
- Ability to capture a waveform, then "play" it back, using scope or data logger to capture, then use the power supply's source/sink function to reproduce it.
- Application of mathematic functions to captured waveforms.
- Ability to name and choose colors for waveform traces for easy identification.
The industry-leading specifications and advanced measurement capabilities of the APS N7900 Series include:
- Full two-quadrant operation for power storage test applications.
- Dual voltage and current measurement capability with DMM-like accuracy.
- Current and voltage high-resolution digitizers for making dynamic measurements.
- Built-in paralleling capability up to 10 kW.
- Smart triggering to protect high-value DUTs.
- Up/down programming speeds of 500 us.
- LAN (LXI Core), USB, GPIB and analog interfaces, all standard.
Agilent Technologies Deutschland GmbH
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.