Advantest Introduces T2000 GS Compact Test System and New Application Module for Digital Test at SEMICON Japan
T2000 Compact Test Solution Provides Low-Cost SoC Test
Consumer Market Demands General Purpose SoCs as Well as Speciality SoCs
In the consumer electronics, audio and automotive fields, improving consumer comfort and safety and continually innovative functionality drive the expanding range of goods computerized by means of semiconductors. SoC devices are largely responsible for the electronic operation of these products, and so stable growth is predicted in the SoC market, with an expected growth rate increase of approximately 7% yearly to 2012.
Whilst high-performance, high-priced devices are typically incorporated into the latest consumer, audio and cellular phone products, limited-function, general purpose SoCs are also used in ever-increasing supply. In light of this mixed market background, device manufacturers have been calling for an efficient, low-cost test solution capable of addressing the manufacturing requirements of both high-mix, low-volume and general purpose SoC devices. Advantest’s new T2000 Compact Test Solution responds to this need.
Features and Benefits
Advantest is committed to anticipating its customers’ needs, and has offered a wide range of high-end to mid-range SoC consumer device test solutions through its T2000 test system series since 2003. As the latest product innovation in the OPENSTAR®-compliant T2000 test system family, which includes the T2000 LS mainframe system announced in June, 2007, the new T2000 Compact Test Solution offers the new GS mainframe design together with the new 250MDMA module for digital test, enabling parallel testing of low pin count SoC devices. It provides:
Compact T2000 GS mainframe:
- A 13-slot test head provides the mainframe with a footprint half that of its predecessor. Its compact design maximizes floor space valued in both development phases and high-volume production.
- Its air-cooling design greatly improves operational flexibility, allowing more options for installation configurations and easier maintenance.
- Used in combination with other test modules already available, it offers a wide range of test solutions on a single tester.
250MDMA air-cooled digital test module, for high-parallel test of SoC devices:
- Advantest's high-density packaging technology offers 128 channels per module and high test speeds of 250Mbps. The module contributes greatly to reducing test costs for SoC devices, offering 32-device parallel test when combined with the T2000 GS mainframe. It provides 64-device parallel test when combined with the T2000 LS mainframe.
- The 250MDMA is equipped with a "histogram engine" which performs A/D converter data enumeration and precision analysis. This feature drastically shortens turn-around time by accumulating test data in the hardware module, thus reducing the amount of information which must be transferred to the controller for analysis and significantly reducing the time required for analysis.
- The 250MDMA comes with a wide range of functions to flexibly meet a variety of testing needs, including a high-voltage output driver for built-in flash memory, a SCAN pattern generator and an ALPG pattern generator. It also supports multi-time domain operation.
The new compact test solution – the T2000 GS mainframe and the 250MDMA digital module – will be available in March 2008.
Key Specifications :
T2000 GS Mainframe Size: 1000mm (D) x 450mm (W) x 960mm (H)
13-slot Test Head Size: 800mm (D) x 480mm (W) x 820mm (H)
Test Speed: 125MHz/250Mbps
Pin Count: 128 channels/module
Pattern Memory: Up to 64M words
Other Functions: Histogram engine, high-voltage output driver, SCAN/memory test capability
Note: All information supplied in this release is correct at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without warning.
Advantest Europe GmbH
Advantest Corporation is the world’s leading automatic test equipment supplier to the semiconductor industry, and also produces electronic and optoelectronic instruments and systems. A global company, Advantest has long offered total ATE solutions, and serves the industry in every component of semiconductor test: tester, handler, mechanical and electrical interfaces, and software. Its logic, memory, mixed-signal and RF testers and device handlers are integrated into the most advanced semiconductor production lines in the world. Founded in Tokyo in 1954, Advantest employs around 3600 people and reached total sales of around 2.2 billions US-Dollars in the fiscal year 2006. More information is available at www.advantest.de
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Electrical Engineering":
Industrie 4.0 weitet sich aus
Protolabs, Hersteller für individuell gefertigte Prototypen- und Produktionsteile in Kleinserien, führte eine Studie zum Thema Industrie 4.0 durch.Weiterlesen