76227 Karlsruhe, de
+49 (89) 44900-475
TV Connect 2014: ABOX42 unveils new X-series Smart STB platform with 4K, H.265 support for IPTV and OTT DVB
ABOX42 announces new Broadcom-based high performance X-Series Smart STB platform with 4K UHD and H.265/HEVC support
The innovative X-Series with its unique OTT DVB and 3rd generation IPTV features offers the technical leading and affordable solution for worldwide operators and complements ABOX42' STB portfolio at the very high end.
The high end hardware key features of the ABOX42 X-Series Smart STBs are:
- Broadcom BCM7251 SoC with integrated High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC) or H.265 standard, which enables more UltraHD content, faster download times and higher quality video at 50 percent of the bit rate previously required.
- 10.000 DMIPs dual core ARMv7 processor with up to 3 to 5 times more processing power than current generation of IPTV STB processors.
- H.265 / HEVC video decoding to reduce bandwidth requirements up to 50% of SD and HD channels and VOD content.
- 4K live TV streaming and VOD playback over IPTV multicast networks and OTT support via open Internet.
- USB 3.0 for high speed external hard disk for local recording and media play back.
- Gigabit Ethernet for in home network fast data transfer.
- Support of up to 802.11ac Wi-Fi for high-speed wireless data transfer.
New X-Series supports the ABOX42 Smart SDK for fast development of TV services with support of the latest streaming formats and DRM systems. Due to processing power and hardware acceleration the fast HTML5 browser allows compelling User Interface performance, developed in HTML5.
Furthermore the X-Series fully supports the ABOX42 OTT DVB solution and the complete ABOX42 3rd generation IPTV solution. The ABOX42 Smart Mobile Toolkit and the ABOX42 Lifecycle Management & Reporting services are also supported.
"The integration of our BCM7251 SoC with dual core Brahma15 10,000 DMIPs ARMv7 processors into the ABOX42 Smart STBs will bring a new generation of high performance STBs to market," said Stuart Thomson, Broadcom Senior Director of Marketing, Broadcom Communications Group. "In combination with the ABOX42 OTT DVB and third generation IPTV solutions, operators can quickly bring their projects to the next level of performance and user interface experience."
"We are pleased to leverage Broadcom's latest innovation in the X-Series Smart STB product line, "said Matthias Greve, CEO of ABOX42 GmbH. "Building the X-Series Smart STBs with our advanced software stack enables our customers to build next generation services with an unbreakable user experience and a clear upgrade path to H.265 and 4K UHD thus giving them the essential competitive advantages in changing and growing new market."
With X-Series and the M-Series Smart STBs, ABOX42 offers now an extensive product line to meet all operators' requirements up to next generation 4K deployments with different price and feature sets. This supports the product management of the operators to define their future roadmap of their service based on the ABOX42 STB product line.
Visit us on TV Connect, in London, 18th - 20th March 2014, at our Booth #37
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.