2X Releases Game-Changer for the Server-Based Application Delivery Market
New 2X ApplicationServer 6 Delivers CITRIX-Like Functionality for a Fraction of the Price
"2X ApplicationServer protects companies from exploding software maintenance and administration costs. To stay competitive, companies are becoming increasingly dependent on flexible and secure access to their applications and data from anywhere. With centrally managed and published applications, businesses can optimize access to their network," announced Nikolaos Makris, CEO 2X. "2X server-based computing is the right way forward no matter how big or small your company is," continued Makris.
How 2X ApplicationServer works
2X ApplicationServer allows you to seamlessly publish and manage any Windows application on remote Windows, Mac OS or Linux desktops. You install an application once on the Microsoft Terminal Server, eliminating the administration hassle of deploying it on every workstation. ApplicationServer transmits screen updates rather than the client server data, allowing remote access from anywhere.
2X ApplicationServer 6: New features
- Web Application Portal: Dynamic web interface which displays the list of published applications based on the user´s log in criteria.
- Multiple Monitor Support: Now able to display published applications on multiple screens (up to 10) simultaneously without the need for Windows 2008.
- Application Limit and CPU Load Balancing: Limit a user to a single instance of any application and stop rogue applications from consuming CPU resources.
- Single Sign-On: Utilize the currently logged in credentials to connect to the ApplicationServer farms.
- Multiple Farms: The 2X ApplicationServerClient can now connect to multiple terminal server farms from a single client, allowing the use of farms located worldwide and within different organizations.
- URL/Mail Redirection: Ability to redirect email and web links to a local email client or web browser to reduce resources used on the terminal server.
- Easy To Use: 2X ApplicationServer v.6´s clear interface allows administrators to get application publishing up within 10 minutes! Competitive solutions often required training to get started.
Competitive upgrade for current Citrix users
2X is ideal for environments already running Citrix, since it´s pricing is significantly lower than Citrix upgrade pricing as well as maintenance renewal costs! On top of that, 2X has launched a Competitive Upgrade Discount program that offers companies until 31.03.2008 a 40% discount on the initial purchase price of 2X ApplicationServer. Find out more at: http://www.2x.com/applicationserver/citrix.htm
Free 5 connection version of 2X ApplicationServer
To download and install the free version of 2X ApplicationServer onto one central server to seamlessly tunnel up to 5 connections per server onto remote desktops, go to http://www.2x.com/applicationserver/application-publishing.htm.
2X Software limited
2X Software Ltd -- 2X -- is a company developing software for the booming server-based computing market. Thin client computing controls spiraling PC management costs, centralizes application and desktop management, improves security and performance and allows users to work remotely. The company´s product line includes: 2X ThinClientServer Enterprise and PXES editions, 2X LoadBalancer for Terminal Services/Citrix, 2X ApplicationServer for Windows Terminal Services, 2X SecureRDP for Windows Terminal Services and 2X TerminalServer for Linux. 2X is a privately held company with offices in the USA, Germany, UK, Japan, Cyprus and Malta. Its management team is backed by years of experience in developing and selling network infrastructure software. 2X is a Microsoft, IBM and RedHat partner. For more information visit: www.2x.com
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Was Personaler beachten und was sie unbedingt unterlassen sollten
Wenn am 25. Mai 2018 die europäische Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (EU-DSGVO) in Kraft tritt, dann betrifft das auch die Personalabteilungen: Spätestens bis zum Stichtag müssen Unternehmen die Daten ihrer Beschäftigten und Bewerber wirksam schützen.Weiterlesen