New Polysun 5.10: the new bookmark feature puts your favorite products in the fast lane
The new 5.10 release of the software Polysun, made by the Swiss company Vela Solaris, provides the user with the new bookmark feature «Favorites» whereby product selection is made considerably easier.
Polysun catalogues have grown to include a comprehensive and growing amount of products commonly found on the market. To keep track of these products, the user can mark products from his trusted suppliers with the star icon. So, when working again with Polysun, the marked products will always be shown as first choice.
This feature proves particularly useful in the design of inverters or in the selection of the right hot water tank. In the example below, Sunny Boy inverters by SMA are suggested as first choice. Of course, in case none of the favorite products meets the requirements, the user can choose the product from the entire database.
Ground-source loop design
A new, state-of-the-art design wizard for ground-source loops used in combination with heat pumps and/or solar systems suggests the optimal loop length based on hot water and building heating load. The wizard works for both single loops and loop fields and also takes into account the composition of soil layers, the distance between boreholes, outdoor temperatures , etc. The automatic design with Polysun makes iterative simulations unnecessary enabling the user to achieve his/her goal – a convincing sales report – more quickly and comfortably.
A brief overview of the new features
• Bookmark feature: favorite products in the Polysun catalogs can be marked as such with the star icon. This way, they are always displayed as first choice.
• Easier quick start to simulation: the software automatically selects the last used variant.
• The user wizard features a new design wizard for ground-source loops, improved access to weather data as well as a wide range of other features that make Polysun easier to use.
New catalogue and database updates
• 141 new PV modules (worldwide)
• 714 new inverters (worldwide)
• 368 solar thermal collectors from the Solar Keymark and SPF databases (Europe)
• 56 SRCC OG 100 certified solar thermal collectors (North America)
New schemes and company entries
• Sonnenkraft thermosiphon systems
• Walter Meier hydraulic schemes
• Huggler Energietechnik tanks
• PVT collectors for PA-ID PROCESS GmbH
• Additional Hoval hydraulic schemes
New developments for Polysun Photovoltaics
• The PV design wizard was revised to display more and more reliable inverter layouts. The wizard was also made more stable and warning messages were revised.
New developments for Polysun Solar Thermal
• Swimming pools are now taken into account for suggestions made by the wizard for optimal collector design. The software can now suggest the optimal design of systems including hot water, space heating and swimming pools.
• Chinese collectors are now calculated based on aperture area.
• The American collector model was integrated with a state-of-the-art correction factor that is applied when the collector operates at lower flow-rates than in tests.
New developments for Polysun Heat Pumps
• A new design wizard assists the user in the optimal dimensioning of ground-source loop fields.
• The distance between several boreholes can now be entered directly on the user interface.
• Possibility to define the depth of each single soil layer.
• Building models were revised to adjust them to Mediterranean climate conditions.
• Measuring unit rectified for building load input.
• In Polysun Solar Cooling, the wet recooler was revised.
For more information on Vela Solaris and the Polysun product range, please visit
About Vela Solaris AG
Vela Solaris is a leading provider of simulation software for the renewable energy sector, running offices in the US and Europe. Polysun simulation software provides invaluable support in the analysis, design and calculation of heating and cooling systems using renewable energy. Polysun has been on the market since 1992. It was originally created at the Swiss federal Institute for Solar Technology SPF. Our software has been setting new and higher industry standards continuously ever since. Solid scientific foundations and its user-friendliness have made Polysun the preferred software solution for thousands of experts and well-established companies worldwide. Vela Solaris cooperates closely with universities and manufacturers to further develop Polysun everyday.
You might also be interested in
- 03.04.2013 - Smart-Grid konkret: Solarenergie und Wärmepumpen-Heizungen für möglichst energieautarkes Wohnen optimieren
- 21.02.2013 - Polysun 6: With its new PV Rooftop Planner, the optimal solar system is just a few clicks away
- 21.02.2013 - Polysun 6: Des installations solaires optimales grâce à la nouvelle fonction d’élaboration de toitures Photovoltaïques