Software AG Announces New "Adabas & Natural 2050" Agenda
- With “Adabas & Natural 2050” Software AG is fully supporting customers in harnessing the innovation potential provided by digitalization
- This total customer centric approach includes the long-term objective of further developing Adabas & Natural products and services and the provision of IT skills during the current, industry-wide “generational change”
- Software AG “walks the talk” by announcing the acquisition of CONNX Solutions to retain access to key Adabas & Natural SQL technology and skills over the coming decades
“Adabas & Natural 2050 is a fully customer centric response to the strategic value and relevance of our customers’ enterprise applications and the many billions of euro investments they represent”, said Chief Customer Officer, Eric Duffaut. “But we go further. The entire software industry is facing a generational change and a possible shortage in the skills and experience needed to support and extend decades of enterprise application development. We have responded to this challenge and want to support our Adabas & Natural customers in the long run – beyond 2050”.
To address the generational change and any resource shortages - no matter how temporary that is - Software AG has established a comprehensive Adabas & Natural service portfolio to support customers in training new talents, as well as modernizing, managing and operating their applications. The recently launched “Adabas & Natural Managed Services” program provides everything that is needed to protect investments and securely extend the life-cycle of mission-critical applications – using services such as remote DBA, application maintenance or operation support.
“Customers have been successfully developing and running high-performant, mission critical applications with Adabas & Natural for over 40 years”, said Software AG CTO, Dr. Wolfram Jost. “Our agenda to further innovate and extend Adabas & Natural, to play a strategic part in enterprise digitalization, means that we aim to provide customers with a single, integrated platform to develop the next generation of business applications ready for any future business demands”.
New Adabas & Natural product releases and capabilities underline this intention as outlined in a recent statement of direction for 2015-2020 including:
- Mobile: Adding responsive Web design capabilities to quickly develop mobile-optimized Web/AJAX applications with Natural
- Big Data: Replicate Adabas data in real-time into Terracotta In-memory to enable internet scale applications and services. And the integration with Apama Streaming Analytics to develop analytic solutions with real-time insights and decisions.
- DevOps: Extended capabilities to improve DevOps tasks in the Eclipse-based NaturalONE (e.g. GIT support, profiling, testing)
“CONNX Solutions has been partnering with Software AG for over a decade to provide mission-critical SQL access and integration solutions for Software AG’s customers”, says Douglas D. Wright, President and CEO of CONNX Solutions Inc. “Software AG’s acquisition of CONNX Solutions demonstrates its agenda to implement Adabas & Natural beyond 2050 by securing these solutions.”
About Software AG - EN
The digital transformation is changing enterprise IT landscapes from inflexible application silos to modern software platform-driven IT architectures which deliver the openness, speed and agility needed to enable the digital real-time enterprise.
Software AG offers the first end-to-end Digital Business Platform, based on open standards, with integration, process management, inmemory data, adaptive application development, real-time analytics and enterprise architecture management as core building blocks. The modular platform allows users to develop the next generation of application systems to build their digital future, today.
With over 45 years of customer-centric innovation, Software AG is ranked as a leader in many innovative and digital technology categories.
Software AG has more than 4,300 employees, is active in 70 countries and had revenues of €873 million in 2015.