Safe and Rugged: AAR Compliant Train Control
- Robust control unit for SIL 4 certified modular Train Control System menTCS
- AAR S-9401 compliant housing concept, IP65/NEMA-4 protected
- Certified, safe CPU board with 3 CPUs
- Certified, safe I/O boards
- Safe operating system from QNX (other RT BSPs on request)
- Different certification packages available
Prepared for Extreme Environments
The freely configurable and modular MA50C can be used for all kinds of critical train control functions such as Automatic Train Operation (ATO) and Automatic Train Protection (ATP), which have to meet requirements up to safety level SIL 4.
The housing conforms to the AAR S-9401 standard and is protected against dust and water jets according to IP65/NEMA-4. All boards inside the system are embedded in a conduction cooling frame, eliminating the need for fans and therefore maintenance. In addition, it helps to protect the boards from dust and gives them particular mechanical stability.
Its design makes the control unit fit for use in regions with extreme environmental conditions or for applications that require the American AAR standard.
The MA50C is the first member of a new, AAR-compliant sub-family of the MEN Train Control System menTCS, whose components will be delivered exclusively in a project context. Functionally the MA50C is identical with the available standard MH50C.
The safe components of the menTCS will be delivered with different SIL 4 certification packages.
Men Mikro Elektronik GmbH
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company - with approx. 300 employees worldwide - provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
- Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
- Robust built-to-order box PCs
- Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
- Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
- Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
- Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
- Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the transportation (rail & public transport, off-road & heavy vehicles, aerospace, marine) and industrial (automation, power & energy, medical) markets.
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CAN in Automation
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- NXP Design Alliance
- Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
- Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River Partner Eco System