Rhine-Ruhr Express train runs coaches with HANNO insulation
North Rhine Westphalia's largest new railway project is taking concrete shape
Plans therefore are to create an appropriate new infrastructure linking the metropolitan cities of the Ruhr area and also to procure new trains for what is Europe’s most densely populated region. At the end of the project, these new trains will travel at up to 160 kilometres per hour in rush hour traffic. Running at 15-minute intervals, they will greatly relieve commuter traffic in the Rhine-Ruhr area.
The German government has earmarked 1.7 billion EURO for the construction of new rail tracks and other necessary investment projects for the next few years. Siemens won the contract for the supply of totally 82 new trains.
Hidden behind the interior trim of the new trains will be Hanno®-Tect for efficient heat insulation and noise reduction.
Siemens decided for Hanno®-Tect for a number of reasons:
• The open-cell foam absorbs much of the noise and reduces the overall noise level in the trains distinctly; even vibrations are effectively reduced.
• The additional hydrophobic impregnation prevents the absorption of moisture
• The fibre-free and dust-free foam can easily be cut to size by a conventional cutter, which makes installation quick and cost-efficient.
• Of low flammability and finished to withstand temperatures of up to 180°C permanently, Hanno®-Tect provides additional safety in trains.
• The low weight of only about seven kilogram per cubic metre of foam proved to be another point in favour of the material because it helps save drive energy.
Other applications and product properties, including those of modified Hanno®-Tect products are available at www.hanno.com and www.clima-tect.de or inform yourself at the HANNO exhibition stall: 1.1/412 at InnoTrans from 20 – 23 September 2016 in Berlin.
Hanno-Werk GmbH & Co. KG
Your specialist for joint sealing and noise insulation
Hanno Werk GmbH & Co. KG, Germany, based in Laatzen near Hannover, focuses on the production of industrial sealing and technical noise insulation products in the automotive industry, rail vehicle and machine construction as well as for sealing connection joints in building construction and products improving room acoustics and sound absorption.
The product range comprises Hanno®-Tect with sound absorbing and heat insulating properties, Hanno®-Redusoft for avoiding rattle and the permanent sealing of connection joints and, finally, the Protecto product group with high-absorption special foams for versatile applications. Aluminium coatings and surface skins or densification can exactly be tailored to the customer's needs.