eZ Systems releases Apache Solr-based OpenSource Enterprise Search solution eZ Find 2.0
Based on the Apache Solr Open Source Enterprise Search server, eZ Find greatly enhances the search functionality on eZ Publish sites. eZ Find already included features such as relevance ranking, native support for eZ Publish access rights, keyword highlighting, sophisticated multi-language support, and the ability to search multiple sites containing millions of objects.
eZ Find 2.0 is compatible with eZ Publish 4.0 and the upcoming eZ Publish 4.1. It includes the following new features:
- Tuneable relevance ranking: Higher weights can be given to certain types of content, parts of content (like titles of tags), or specific pages so that the most important material always appears first.
- Faceted searching: You can configure drill-down navigation attributes in order for users to narrow results, such as by publication year or for specific authors.
- More flexible search terms: Support boolean, fuzzy, and wildcard operators.
- Related results: Offer "more like this" links to content or initial search results in an automated way.
- Search phrase suggestions: Make use of a spell checker and provide "best guesses" to improve or correct search phrases.
More and more organizations are benefiting from eZ Find. Current users include the Croatian Government (http://vlada.hr), Norwegian syndicated food site DinMat.no (http://dinmat.no), Danish union Handel og Kontor (http://hk.dk), and women's magazine Woman's Day (http://womansday.com). eZ Find has proven to be a fast, reliable, feature-filled, and scalable search solution for enterprises large and small. As an example, eZ Find populates an index for the Croatian Government site (http://vlada.hr) that is combined with content from 80 other government and public websites. This highly connected process makes content -- from news articles to multimedia content -- at a multitude of sites searchable from one location.