Adobe Announces 2008 MAX Awards Winners
More than 700 Entries Received from 30 Countries
"I'm always inspired by how our customers continue to push the boundaries with our tools," said Kevin Lynch, senior vice president and chief technology officer. "This year's finalists are true groundbreakers whose work is transforming how designers and developers create applications and content to engage audiences worldwide."
Winners were announced last night at a ceremony at MAX 2008.
- The 2008 People's Choice Award winner was Scrapblog Builder by Scrapblog.com.
- In the Advertising and Branding category the winner was Coca-Cola Happiness Factory - Now Hiring by AKQA; the finalists were Lucas Arts Fracture Game Web site by 2Advanced Studios, and Sherwin-Williams Color Visualizer by Resource Interactive.
- In the Enterprise category the winner was NASDAQ Market Replay by NASDAQ QMX; the finalists were IQ Web Review for Allgaier Automotive GmbH by IPEQ AG, and SARS e@syFile suite of applications for the South African Revenue Service developed by Interfile.
- In the Mobility and Devices category the winner was Succubus Vertigo by The Design Assembly GmbH; the finalists were Hello UI by LG Electronics, and Mobigamz by Mobitween.
- In the Public Sector category the winner was One Touch for Southwark Council in London by Vangent Limited; the finalists were WordWorld for PBS Kids by Bean Creative, and NASA: 50 Years by NASA.
- In the Rich Internet Applications category the winner was Scrapblog Builder by Scrapblog.com; the finalists were EarthBrowser by Lunar Software, and wiTech Diagnostic Application for Chrysler LLC by New Toronto Group.
- In the Video category the winner was Iron Man HUD (Heads Up Display) design and implementation by The Orphanage; the finalists were Xbox Halo3.com/Believe by AQKA, My Morning Jacket by Hornet Inc., Mixtape Club, and RadioHead 'House of Cards' by The Syndicate.
Winners and finalists for the 2008 MAX Awards were selected by Adobe executives and renowned industry judges. Selection criteria included innovation, achievement, application of technology, brand building, and overall design. The winner of the People's Choice Award was selected by more than 2,400 Gallery Web site visitors between November 3 and November 18. For more information on 2008 MAX Awards winners and finalists, visitwww.adobe.com/....
About Adobe Systems GmbH
Adobe revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and information - anytime, anywhere and through any medium. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.