IFRA will hold its Newsroom Summit for the 8th time
The 8th International Newsroom Summit on 12 and 13 February 2009 in Prague
The agenda will include hot topics such as:
- Monetising tomorrow's newsroom and cost optimisation through joint newsrooms and outsourcing.
- Organisation, workflow, integration - how to master the new challenges.
- How to deal with the hottest HR issues: Co-operations with trade unions, training multimedia skills and talent performance.
- New technologies for the newsroom and ways to implement them.
- Branding and its relevance for the newsroom.
This interactive conference will be held in English and the participants can enjoy an exciting international programme. Confirmed speakers so far:
- Philippe Cantin, La Presse Ltée, Canada;
- Ravi Dhariwal, Times of India, India;
- Reetta Meriläinen, Helsingin Sanomat, Finland;
- Terry Mitchinson, Welwyn and Hattfield Times, UK;
- Romanus Otte, Axel Springer AG (Verlagshaus Berlin), Germany;
- Dietmar Schantin, IFRA, Germany;
- Sarah Schantin Williams, n-able consulting, Austria.
IFRA (www.ifra.com) is the worldwide research and service organisation for the news publishing industry. With headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany, it has acted since 1961 as the platform for decision-makers from the newspaper industry. IFRA offers its services primarily to its more than 3100 members in nearly 80 countries. A Board, comprising publishers as well as central, regional and specialised committees drawn from IFRA member companies, steers the work of the international newspaper community. IFRA's research work provides the basis for this and results in standardisation projects as well as international and regional exhibitions, conferences, workshops, study tours, training events, Newsplex consulting and international competitions. The IFRA Expo - "the annual event of the news publishing industry" - held at major European venues, is the world's most important trade exhibition for newspaper companies and their partners. IFRA Expo 2009 will be held from 12 to 15 October in Vienna (www.ifraexpo.com). IFRA Magazine, the international magazine of newspaper business, strategy and technology, is published in several languages in both print and online versions (www.iframagazine.com). IFRA is also running IFRA Search, a vertical search engine for the news publishing industry (www.ifrasearch.com).