TI's free IQmath Library brings ease-of-use and precision benefits of floating point to developers leveraging C2000(TM) and Stellaris® microcontrollers
Software allows C/C++ programmers to seamlessly port floating-point algorithms into fixed-point code on TI's C2000 real-time control and Stellaris ARM® Cortex(TM) -M3 MCUs
“We have used TI’s IQmath with fixed-point C2000 MCUs in our real-time motor control applications for more than five years, and it has greatly simplified, sped and optimized our development,” said Dr. Dal Ohm, president, Drivetech, Inc. “The correct range and precision enabled by IQmath is critical in creating stable control systems for the complex power electronics that I design, and the software has also made it very easy to scale to the floating-point C2000 devices.”
IQmath Library features and benefits:
- Simplified porting from floating-point simulations/algorithms to a fixed-point MCU
- Math library for fixed-point processors speeds computation of floating-point values
- 45+ functions organized in easy-to-access categories, including format conversion utilities, arithmetic functions, trigonometric functions and mathematical functions
- Adjustable resolution and dynamic range allows optimization based on application requirements
- Seamless code portability for scaling between fixed- and floating-point MCUs
- Conversions from floating to fixed point are completed at the compile stage, so CPU cycles are not used
Pricing and availability
IQmath software is free and available for download through StellarisWare® software or C2000 controlSUITE™ software at www.ti.com/iqmath-pr-lp. Fixed-point Stellaris MCUs start at $1, and fixed- and floating-point C2000 real-time control MCUs start at less than $2. Samples and orders can be placed at www.ti.com/iqmath-buy-pr-lp.
TI’s broad portfolio of MCUs and software
From general purpose, ultra-low-power MSP430™ MCUs, to Stellaris Cortex-M3 32-bit MCUs and high-performance, C2000 real-time control MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about TI’s IQmath Library and MCUs by visiting:
- IQmath Library: www.ti.com/iqmath-pr-lp
- IQmath video demonstration: www.ti.com/iqmath-pr-v
- C2000 Piccolo™ and Delfino™ MCUs: www.ti.com/iqmath-pr-c2-lp
- Stellaris MCUs: www.ti.com/iqmath-pr-stellaris-lp
- Order MCU samples: www.ti.com/iqmath-buy-pr-lp
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Stellaris and StellarisWare are registered trademarks and MSP430, C2000, Piccolo, Delfino and controlSUITE are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. ARM is a registered trademark and Cortex is a trademark of ARM Limited. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders.