Silicon Labs to Showcase High-Performance USB, Ultra-low-Power and Wireless MCUs at Embedded World 2012
Latest Mixed-Signal Products Ideal for Portable Medical, Green Energy, Home Automation and Automotive Electronics
Silicon Labs' demonstrations will include not only a host of new mixed-signal solutions but also easy-to-use development tools that will significantly enhance embedded design productivity:
- Discover the next generation of mixed-signal MCUs designed to reduce power, cost and complexity for embedded applications such as motor control, industrial monitoring, portable medical, consumer devices and home automation. These new highly integrated, high-performance MCU products contain an array of user-configurable precision-analog peripherals such as 12-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), integrated voltage reference, 5 V high-drive IOs and USB connectivity.
- Simplify your embedded development effort with Silicon Labs' new unified development platform (UDP) featuring interchangeable MCU and radio components and other subsystems to match your application needs. The innovative UDP includes a single motherboard, modular boards, and ample real estate for prototyping, expansion and system integration. It also supports MCU code and firmware development, RF design and optimization, and an array of network and protocol stacks.
- Experience Silicon Labs' GUI-based application builder software, which enables you to create custom software programs graphically without writing a line of code. The app builder tool is the centerpiece of Silicon Labs' advanced integrated development environment (IDE), which provides a "one-stop shop" source for all the information you need including example projects, data sheets, errata, schematics, PCB footprints, app notes, active version tracking, automatic updates and more.
- Meet the stringent system power budgets of your battery-operated and green energy designs with the industry's most energy-efficient MCUs, the C8051F96x family. Based on Silicon Labs' patented low-power technology, the new F96x MCUs enable 40 percent less system current draw and up to 65 percent longer battery life than competing MCUs, making them an excellent fit for smart metering, in-home utility monitoring, wireless security, home and building automation, portable medical and asset tracking products.
- Connect with the embedded industry's most sophisticated ultra-low-power wireless MCU family. Silicon Labs' Si102x/3x wireless MCUs combine the power-saving features of the F96x MCUs with the company's EZRadioPRO® sub-GHz transceiver into a single-chip solution that's perfect for battery-operated embedded systems requiring both energy efficiency and industry-leading RF performance.
- Test drive Silicon Labs' comprehensive automotive motor control reference design based on the company's automotive-grade MCUs qualified and tested to the AEC-Q100 specification with high-temperature operation up to 125°C. These automotive MCUs feature LIN 2.1 and CAN 2.0B interfaces, making them ideal for a variety of automotive body electronics such as anti-pinch window lifters, power seats, and networked mirror and door controls.
Embedded World 2012
Silicon Laboratories Inc.
Hall 4A, Booth 4A-211
This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on Silicon Laboratories' current expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For a discussion of factors that could impact Silicon Laboratories' financial results and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, please refer to Silicon Laboratories' filings with the SEC. Silicon Laboratories disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
QuickSense, Silicon Laboratories, Silicon Labs, the "S" symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
About Silicon Laboratories GmbH
Silicon Laboratories is an industry leader in the innovation of high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs. Developed by a world-class engineering team with unsurpassed expertise in mixed-signal design, Silicon Labs' diverse portfolio of patented semiconductor solutions offers customers significant advantages in performance, size and power consumption. For more information about Silicon Labs, please visit www.silabs.com.