Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Confirms Further Details for RR4
- New 6.6 litre turbo charged V12 engine unique to Rolls-Royce
- New 8-speed gearbox
- Engine power upwards of 500bhp (upwards of 373kW/507PS)
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has confirmed further details about the production version of 200EX, the experimental car shown at the Geneva motor show early in March 2009.
Rolls-Royce CEO, Tom Purves announced the details at a press conference in New York where 200EX is currently being shown to potential customers on the first leg of a world tour.
Speaking at the event, Mr. Purves said, "There has been a great deal of interest in this car since we first talked about producing a new model series in the autumn of 2006 and the reaction 200EX received at its unveiling at Geneva was very positive. As we move another step closer to the start of production at Goodwood, it is exciting to be able to share some of the specific technical details with customers and the media."
He continued, "RR4 will deliver an authentic Rolls-Royce experience to owners, so expect peerless comfort and build quality. However, we have consciously engineered this car to be more involving and dynamic for those owners around the world that will wish to drive it themselves."
RR4 will be powered by a brand new 6.6 litre turbo charged V12 engine unique to Rolls-Royce. The engine will be combined with an 8-speed automatic ZF gearbox. This new drive-train will significantly improve fuel and CO2 efficiency over the already class leading Phantom series of cars. Engine power will be upwards of 500bhp.
Further details about RR4 will be released over the coming months.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Ltd
1. 200EX is the latest experimental car from Rolls-Royce Motor Cars and shows the design direction for RR4, a new model series due for launch later in 2009.
2. 200EX tour locations & dates - New York (23-25 March), Singapore (3 and 4 April), Miami (19 and 20 May), Los Angeles (26-28 May), London (9-11 June), Cannes (2-4 July).
3. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars retailed 1212 cars around the world in 2008, a 20 per cent increase over the previous year and marking five years of continued growth since the Phantom was first launched in 2003.
4. The Rolls-Royce Phantom range of cars is powered by a naturally aspirated direct injection 6.75 litre V12 engine that produces 453BHP at 5350 rpm (338KW/460PS) and 720Nm of torque at 3500rpm.