CONNECTIONS(TM) Europe to examine opportunities, implications as home networking exceeds 150 million households worldwide
Executive summit features speakers from digital media companies, CE manufacturers, service and solution providers
This executive event, taking place at the Hotel Palais de La Mediterranee, provides attendees with international consumer research and features interactive discussions on European consumer trends, broadband and value-added services, IPTV and video services, digital media, connected CE, and digital home services and support.
"At the end of 2008, more than 150 million households worldwide had basic home network configurations, with nearly 50 million in Western Europe," said Kurt Scherf, vice president, principal analyst, Parks Associates. "Rapid adoption of broadband created this sizeable market, and at CONNECTIONS(TM) Europe we will discuss the implications as high-speed connectivity creates new opportunities for service and technology providers, media companies, and manufacturers."
Roger Pitton, Program Director, TV, Video & Music Business, Microsoft Corporation (http://www.parksassociates.com/events/europe/2009/nice/agenda/bios.htm#pitton), will deliver the keynote "IPTV and the keys to keeping customers" at CONNECTIONS(TM) Europe. The event also features the following speakers:
- Michimasa Aramaki, Director, Industrial Standardization, HD-PLC Alliance
- Thierry Boudard, IPTV Strategic Innovation Manager, Thomson
- Richard Bullwinkle, Chief Evangelist, Macrovision
- Mark Cavicchia, CEO & Founder, WhereverTV
- Nicolas Decitre, GM: France and Benelux, Jungo
- Brian Donnelly, VP, Sales and Marketing, Icron
- Margot Dor, Director, Strategic Projects, ETSI
- Paul Entwistle, CTO, Pace
- Milan Erbes, Ambassador, HGI; Standardization & Business Development Manager, DS2
- Gil Eyal, CEO, Enure Networks
- Ed Forman, EVP, Products and Services, ActiveVideo Networks
- Paul Gainham, Director, Service Provider Marketing, EMEA, Juniper Networks
- Peter Galyas, CTO, Tilgin
- Stefan Jenzowsky, CEO, moreTV Broadcasting GmbH
- Art Lancaster, CTO, Affinegy
- Dr. Ulrich Leiner, Head, Department Interactive Media, Human Factors, Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, HHI
- Dr. Anton Monk, CTO, MoCA; Co-Founder, Entropic Communications, Inc.
- Trond Neergard, VP, Sales and General Manager, EMEA, Radialpoint
- Dr. Randolph Nikutta, Project Field Head "New Media", Deutsche Telekom AG, Laboratories
- Frederic Onado, VP EMEA, HomePlug Powerline Alliance; COO, SPiDCOM Technologies
- Eric Plesner, Director, Business Development, IO-Homecontrol
- Micha Risling, VP, Marketing, Valens Semiconductor
- Bill Stanley, Director, Operations Solutions, Telcordia
- Matt Theall, Technology Strategist, Intel Corporation; President, HomeGrid Forum
- Navin Varsani, Consumer Director, EMEA, Cloakware
- Ian Walker, Director, Sales and Marketing, EMEA PayTV, EchoStar
Event sponsors include Affinegy, Enure Networks, and HomeGrid Forum. Global Sponsors include ActiveVideo Networks, Affinegy, Cloakware, DSC, HD-PLC Alliance, Icron, Macrovision, MoCA, ProVision Communications, Radialpoint, Telcordia, and Zilog.
For information, visit http://www.connectionseurope.com or contact 972-490-1113, firstname.lastname@example.org. Press passes are available at http://www.parksassociates.com/connectionseurope.
About CONNECTIONS(TM) Europe Summit
CONNECTIONS(TM) Europe Summits, produced by Parks Associates, provide attendees with high-level analysis and consumer research, networking opportunities, and information on emerging residential and mobile technologies and services. Each focused event creates a forum where executives can learn about vital international trends, successful strategies, and key players in the development of digital living technologies. http://www.connectionseurope.com