Option trading update - first quarter 2010
Cost savings are on track with cash operating expenses (excluding IPRs, depreciation and capitalized R&D) in the quarter of EUR 8.7 million versus the 2010 year end run rate target of EUR 8 million. This savings represents a reduction of 51% from the Q1 2009 run rate.
Option's transition towards its new business model and new value added product range continued to progress significantly, with an expected return to revenue growth in Q2. The first purchase orders for the iCON® XY USB modems as well as the uCAN® software came in and these are being delivered in the second quarter.
The Company is also working on a number of important deals that are in line with the new strategy. The Company will give more information about these projects at the right point in time.
Milestones and Developments of the first quarter
- Option launched its uCAN 3.0 software. The software provides unique flexibility in the market through a modular design approach that allows Smart Skinning, multi-OS support from a single code and the addition of feature packs without changing the certified software.
- Option announced that is working with Telenor Norway to develop the network operator's new connection manager based upon the uCAN Connect platform. The new version allows operators to reduce data traffic on their 3G networks by offloading it onto available Wi-Fi networks.
- Option announced its agreement with Skinit for the customizable covers for the iCON XY (Express Yourself) USB modem
- Further expanding its history of innovation, AT&T launched USBConnect Velocity, the premier mobile broadband USB modem offered by AT&T today with builtin GPS
- Option announced a North American distribution agreement with GetWireless
- The GTM501 is being integrated in the Plastic Logic eReader
- Option continues having success implementing Gobi embedded solutions in connected netbooks for Asian groups
Integrated Hardware and Services Solutions
- A new Option fully integrated hardware, application and services solution was announced in which Kobil Systems GmbH, a marketleading trendsetter of mobile IT solutions in the area of digital identities, is collaborating on the development and combined selling of a new strategic security product, the mIDentity 3G. The mIDentity 3G will be unique in combining wireless broadband 3G technology and digital security of data and identities
About Option N.V.
Option, the wireless technology company, is a leading innovator in the design, development and manufacture of 3G HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, and WLAN technology products for wireless connectivity solutions. Option has established an impressive reputation for creating exciting products that enhance the performance and functionality of wireless communications. Option is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium. The company also has Research & Development in Belgium (Leuven), Germany (Augsburg) and an ISO 9001 production engineering and logistics facility in Ireland (Cork). Option maintains offices in Europe, US, Greater China, Japan and Australia. For more information please visit www.option.com.