Mcafee, Inc. and Wipro Partner to Provide Best of Breed Security Products and Services to Customers
Wipro Establishes Center of Excellence for McAfee Total Protection
Wipro will be a global reseller of McAfee products and is also a managed security services partner addressing a market for security systems of more than to $3 billion and growing at the rate of 15 percent annually. A key joint offering is the managed end point security solution based on McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint which enables organizations to adopt a more holistic and effective approach to protecting their endpoints in a comprehensive way and reduce Total Cost of Ownership by up to 40 percent.
"The combination of Wipro's global delivery model with McAfee Total Protection will provide our customers the ability to accelerate their deployments through an integrated security environment," said Paul Rolfe, vice president worldwide System Integrators and Technology Alliances at McAfee. "Wipro's innovative managed services framework and the McAfee based Center of Excellence will provide leading edge solutions to key security concerns of global organizations."
Since forming the strategic alliance earlier this year the partnership has already achieved a number of milestones:
- Established a McAfee Center of Excellence (CoE) at Wipro's Bangalore campus to enhance competencies for over 300 consultants per year across the McAfee product portfolio. This CoE includes a solution showcase of McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint, McAfee ePolicy Orechestrator®, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, McAfee Data Loss Prevention and McAfee Vulnerability Manager with 100 trained / certified consultants. The CoE produces reusable assets and process frameworks that support the joint offerings and further enhance the project results and ensure quicker time to market for customers.
- Launched a service offering that provides consulting, migration and management services to implement McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint security.
- Wipro received its first services contract to implement and roll-out McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint by a global leader of mail and document management solutions.
- Launched a Managed Network Security Platform that delivers 24/7/365 security monitoring and management of a network based upon McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and Network Intrusion Prevention appliances.
- Work is underway to release additional offerings for Data Protection and Risk and Compliance in the near future.
"We are excited to be partnering with McAfee to meet the growing security needs of our customers," said Prasenjit Saha, VP & Global Head, Enterprise Security Solutions at Wipro. "Our ability to drive solutions through a consulting services approach with specialist expertise across multiple McAfee security products and the capability of offering overall management of these solutions provides our customers with a winning combination of end to end security services".
Wipro Technologies, a division of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) is the first PCMM Level 5 and SEI CMM Level 5 certified global IT services organization. Wipro Technologies was recently assessed at Level 5 for CMMI V 1.2 across offshore and onsite development centers. Wipro is one of the largest product engineering and support service providers worldwide. Wipro provides comprehensive research and development services, IT solutions and services, including systems integration, information systems outsourcing, package implementation, software application development, and maintenance services to corporations globally.
McAfee, ePolicy Orchestrator and/or other noted McAfee related products contained herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc., and/or its affiliates in the US and/or other countries. McAfee Red in connection with security is distinctive of McAfee brand products. Any other non-McAfee related products, registered and/or unregistered trademarks contained herein is only by reference and are the sole property of their respective owners. © 2008 McAfee, Inc. All rights reserved.
About McAfee GmbH
McAfee, Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. It delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the Web securely. With its unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee empowers home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities and continuously monitor and improve their security. http://www.mcafee.com.