Alexander Mann Solutions launches AMS OnDemand
Mid-market companies benefit from enterprise level recruitment process outsourcing
Businesses will be able to quickly tap into the benefits of a FTSE RPO function and maximise the effectiveness of sourcing channels without the need for large volumes of hires or significant up front investment. The AMS OnDemand service will be delivered through a scalable, standard technology platform, which can provide customers with best practice permanent recruitment services that support both internal mobility and external hiring throughout the entire recruitment lifecycle.
GeoServices, a leading upstream oilfield services business, is already realising the benefits of deploying AMS' OnDemand solution to focus on the hiring of around 200 Technicians a year. Commenting on the programme, Franck Thibault, HR Development Director says he is delighted with both the results and the relationship. "Not only has working with the OnDemand team been completely transparent and open, they have simplified the recruitment process for us so that it is easy for our hiring managers to undertake their recruitment whilst significantly reducing cost."
AMS OnDemand has been developed to benefit mid-sized organisations or specific divisions or geographies of larger organisations with annual recruitment volumes between 50 and 500 hires per year. It will allow organisations to effectively scale recruitment activity to facilitate rapid headcount growth, or to enable a reduction in reliance on preferred supplier lists or a master vendor. Importantly, AMS OnDemand is client branded, ensuring the organisation's identity and culture is mirrored, helping to increase penetration of the organisation's brand into the candidate marketplace.
Business Benefits Summary:
- World class recruitment processes - AMS OnDemand customers leverage best in class recruitment processes developed for and delivered to national, international and global organisations across Alexander Mann Solutions' global organisation
- Control, visibility & transparency - AMS OnDemand customers will be able to view and control the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle with a series of reports detailing recruitment spend, time to hire, and the number and status of candidates in the recruitment process
- Time - AMS OnDemand customers will achieve industry leading time to hire figures
- Cost - AMS OnDemand customers will benefit from cost efficiencies, including a substantial reduction in the usage of expensive sourcing channels, generally leading to cost per hire figures of 50% of the UK average*
- Strategic - AMS OnDemand customers will be able to remove the recruitment administration burden (and cost) from their HR teams
- Agile - AMS OnDemand customers will easily be able to adapt in line with changing demand or recruitment service needs and deliver against them
Steve Leach, Managing Director for AMS OnDemand at Alexander Mann Solutions comments, "This is a real step forward in helping mid-market organisations to overcome a number of challenges in recruiting talent into their teams. We have always aimed to make our clients self sufficient from a recruitment perspective, this latest innovation allows us to take everything that we do for our major global clients and package it in such a way that it delivers significant benefits to mid-market organisations."
AMS OnDemand is delivered from AMS Global Client Service Centres including the UK, Poland, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and the US. It is fully client-branded, and linked to the client's career site. This service can be purchased on an annual basis through a simple, transactional commercial model.
For those requiring extra information on the AMS OnDemand product, Alexander Mann Solutions are holding a breakfast briefing event on Thursday 29th January 2009. For more details on the event and to register, please contact Gemma Ellis on 0207 832 2734 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CIPD Annual Survey Report 2008
About Alexander Mann Solutions
Alexander Mann Solutions was started in 1996 by Rosaleen Blair, the Veuve Clicquot 2007 Business Woman of the Year, as an autonomous division of the Alexander Mann Group, a recruitment firm. AMS has grown rapidly and, after disposals, now represents the entire group. A December 2007 management buy-out was backed by Graphite Capital, and the company recently acquired Capital Consulting, a leading RPO player operating in Europe and Asia Pacific. HRO Today magazine recently named AMS as the Global Market Leader in the Baker's Dozen, an annual listing of the top 13 RPO providers.
AMS operates in 50 countries with approximately 1200 employees and expects to recruit over 50,000 staff on behalf of its clients in calendar 2008. AMS manages contractor, internal mobility, referral, graduate and talent programmes and its clients typically sign-up for multi-year contracts and outsource all of their recruitment. AMS professionals are typically embedded in client companies and work alongside the client teams, allowing them to focus on their core business. www.alexandermannsolutions.com